Hingham Public Schools
Library Media Curriculum Guidelines
Students visit the library regularly for instruction and book selection. The main emphasis in kindergarten is on literature appreciation which is provided in a variety of picture books by exemplary authors and illustrators in accordance with state and national standards. Students learn about organization of picture books, procedures of the library and book care.
· Introduction to basic library terminology
· Introduction to the parts of the book
· Introduction to fiction and nonfiction/informational books
· Develop the ability to listen, evaluate and respond to media
· Develop awareness of the organization of picture books
Students will be able to locate books for pleasure and curiosity.
Students will understand their responsibility for library materials and understand the importance of the library community and shared material.
Students will follow the Hingham Public School Rules of the Road and apply it to all library procedures.