Hingham Public Schools
Library Media Curriculum Guidelines
Fourth grade students visit the library regularly for instruction and book selections. In accordance with state and national standards, students continue literature appreciation studies and peer sharing, and are expected to apply the library and information skills acquired from previous years’ curricula.
· Understand the purpose and arrangement of the library
· Independently locate library materials
· Locate pertinent information in print and digital sources
· Introduction to the definition of copyright, bibliography and plagiarism
· Introduction to the steps of research
Students will master the understanding of library organization.
Students will be able to locate books for pleasure and intellectual curiosity.
Students will be able to recognize exemplary authors’ and illustrators’ works.
Students will view the library as a place to discover self-interests and a place to support their regular classroom academics and growth.
Students will understand their responsibility for library materials and understand the importance of the library community and shared material.
Students will follow the Hingham Public School Rules of the Road and apply it to all library procedures.